Tuesday, September 29, 2009

mmmmmmbagels

Since relocating from NJ to the West Coast, I have been deprived of a good bagel for pretty much the last 4 years...until I came to Montreal and found the greatness that is Fairmount Bagels. Open 24 hours, fresh bagels at any time, and nothing is better than that sweet aftertaste of a hot Fairmount sesame seed bagel.  This ish is so good that you can eat them straight, no butter no cream cheese.  It brings in a diverse crowd of housewives running errands in the morning, construction dudes on their break, and of course, hipsters after a drunken night out (or after leaving the bar).  Thinking about it, I was introduced to Fairmount by a dude (my friend asked him if he was a hipster, and he quickly said no, but I still think he is since that's what all hipsters do) after meeting him at Green Room (bar on St. Laurent).  I thought I wouldn't want anything, but once I stepped through the entrance and smelled the delicious scent of freshly baked goods, I cracked and discovered the greatest drunk food of all time...even better than Pita Pit and that's saying a lot.

74 Fairmount West

Check it out...oh and they're always better fresh....always.

PS 
Band: Volcano Choir
Album: Unmap
Verdict: Chill+Ambrosial+Slightly Odd= Satisfying (except for like 2 songs...but that's it)

No comments:

Post a Comment